The Magdalene Voices
Share the love...
Maria Saraphina in Sacred Conversation with Author Margaret Starbird.
Margaret Starbird and her profound body of work is like a beacon of light, not only letting us know that there is another side to the stories we have been told for centuries, but provides us with all of the clues so that we might see for ourselves and make our own conclusions.
Having spent years of extensive research she gives us the tools enabling us to see what has been hidden in plain sight.
She, like you and I, stand upon the shoulders of our foremothers and sisters, without whom none of what we create would have been created.
She, like you and I form part of the ever expanding circle of Source.
In this episode you will hear Margaret share from her treasure trove of wisdom and knowledge as we talk about:
- How Margaret first became interested in the search for the Holy Grail and reclaiming the “Sacred Feminine” in Christianity.
- What lies at the basis of the belief that Yeshua and Mary Magdalene may have been married and had a child.
- Where the title “the Magdalene” came from.
- How the ancient cults of “Sacred Marriage” is related to the story of Mary Magdalene and Yeshua.
- What happened to Mary Magdalene after the Crucifixion.
- Why this truth the “Sacred Union” at the heart of Christianity was lost.
- How the information about the Sacred Marriage in Christianity managed to survive.
- What Leonardo Da Vinci’s painting “The Last Supper” have to do with the suppressed tradition about Mary Magdalene as the “Lost Bride”.
- How the very first heresy was the denial of the Bride.
- Why Margaret believes that the Passion of the Christ does not begin at Gethsemane or the Last Supper but at the beginning of the week with the anointing of Jesus.
- How synchronicities played an important part of Margarets path.
- How Mary Magdalene & Yeshua are the archetypes for the union of flesh and divinity – as are you.
- – and much, much more…
Mentioned in this episode
The revelation that the restoration of The Last Supper revealed, that Margaret shares about in the episode:
*Please note that the links marked with * on this page are affiliate links and that I may, should you choose to purchase one or more of the books, receive a commission. If you wish to avoid this, google the titles and authors rather than clicking the link.
Watch The Video
Listen to the Podcast
Loved what you heard? Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Share the love...
More about Margaret Starbird
Margaret Starbird holds BA and MA degrees in Comparative Literature from the University of Maryland and did graduate study on a Fulbright Student Fellowship at Christian Albrechts Universität in Kiel, Germany. She later studied at Vanderbilt Divinity School in Nashville, TN.
A “cradle” Roman Catholic, Starbird taught Scripture classes for adults and CCD for many years and later presented lectures and retreats centered on reclaiming Mary Magdalene and the Sacred Feminine in Christianity.
She has been interviewed for numerous TV documentaries and is the author of several widely acclaimed books about the Sacred Feminine in Christian tradition: The Woman with the Alabaster Jar: Mary Magdalen and the Holy Grail* (1993), and The Goddess in the Gospels: Reclaiming the Sacred Feminine* (1998), both cited by Dan Brown as significant sources in his best-selling thriller The Da Vinci Code.
A further book about Mary Magdalene, Mary Magdalene, Bride in Exile*, was published in 2005. Her other titles include Magdalene’s Lost Legacy: Symbolic Numbers and the Sacred Union in Christianity* and The Feminine Face of Christianity*, both published in 2003, and a book co-authored with a Jungian therapist, Joan Norton: 14 Steps to Awaken the Sacred Feminine: Women in the Circle of Mary Magdalene*
Starbird and her husband of nearly 50 years reside in the Pacific Northwest, USA.
Leave A Comment