We have all been there. In those moments where fear seems to grip every inch of you. Your throat becomes restricted, your heart clenches and panic soars through your veins.
Did you know that your mind controls your physical reactions?
For example if I ask you to think of…
- biting your teeth into an ice cream popsicle, do you feel the goosebumps from icing your teeth?
- biting into a lemon, do you feel your face and mouth twist from the sourness?
- something terrible happening to your kids or loved ones – do you feel the incredible sadness and even tears it can produce?
- A spider staring at you like its coming for you can make you want to jump and run?
Wow – right?!
Thoughts create your reality
The examples above are thoughts creating a direct physical reaction, however most of the time (unless you have done some serious internal work) you move through life, completely unaware of your fear based thoughts, completely oblivious to the reality they are creating. That can cause a discomfort, an uneasiness, something being “off” that you cannot seem to pinpoint.
Fear is controlled by the mind
Fear like any other thought is controlled by the mind and your thoughts create your reality and so it doesn’t matter if there’s no tiger in the room looking to eat you. Your thoughts created a situation that felt like it.
While it’s all controlled by your mind and the thoughts you think, you are not your mind. You have within you the ability to move beyond your fears, to change your perception, choose differently and to create based in love rather than fear.
Simple process can help – ABCD
I have created this simple process, that I successfully use with my clients and I wanted to share it with you…
Are you in real physical danger? If yes, immediately stop reading this and remove yourself from the cause.
If you’re not in real danger then we’re dealing with an irrational fear, so breathe. Use this breathing technique and don’t stop until you feel calm.
- Place you hand on your heart and close your eyes if possible.
- Focus on your breath.
- Count to 4 as you inhale.
- Count to 4 while holding your breath in.
- Count to 4 as you exhale.
- Count to 4 while holding your breath out.
- Repeat until you feel calm.
Once you are calm, get curious, ask yourself what triggered the fear. Make sure you go beneath the surface. Only when you have the root cause can you heal and dissolve it.
Now that you know what’s truly going on release it. Play with it, dance with it, set yourself free. I invite you to click here and download my free Energy Alignment Method® guide to support you.
There’s nothing wrong with you
It is important to know and understand that feeling that kind of fear is perfectly normal. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you, quite the contrary and subduing, refusing or resisting won’t make it go away. You’ve got to go through it.
How has this served you? Tell me in the comments below.
I love you. Take care.
xo, Maria Saraphina
Spiritual Business Coach & Energy Alignment Method® Mentor